Friday, September 08, 2006

I am FAMOUS! Possibly, sort of, in a kind of way. A few days ago I got an email along the lines of "Hi. Read your blog and would love to interview you for our website. How about it?"
I was astounded. Now I had actual proof that people I don't know are reading my blog. Crazy.
Still shaking my head, I checked out the site ("Expat Interviews ") and found it to be pretty entertaining. The name pretty much says it all- the site consists of interviews with expats from all over the world. There were quite a few from Europe, but few from Africa. I decided to make my contribution.
They sent me the list of questions and I worked on them for a couple of days. I had a lot to say and it ended up embarassingly long. I edited it. Still too long, but I sent it, along with a picture of myself looking like a sheep badly in need of a good shearing. They had asked for a photo of the author and I didn't cheat and send one from seven years ago (tempting, that). I had Valentine snap a pic of me yesterday morning at 7am. I figured I could use that as an excuse for why I look so bad- who looks great at seven in the morning?
Anyway, do go have a look http://expatinterviews.com/Beth-Jacob.html
It all turned out pretty well.
Where is the long-promised tale of French adventures? Well, I used the time that I WOULD have used to write up our vacation to write the interview answers.
Mallory is much better today.
But Alexa got sent home from school with a bad spell of tachycardia.
"If it's not one thing, it's another", as Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say.

1 comment:

Ksam said...

Congratulations from another expatinterview alum! I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to reading more in the future!