Friday, June 05, 2015

Les Grandes Medievales 2015

My gorgeous new tent!
 What better reason to break a long silence than to ramble endlessly about my favorite event of the year: Les Grandes Medievales d'Andilly? This French Ren Faire has been going strong for 19 years.. and I have been a fan since early days.  I first went in 1998, when it was a tiny event held in the heart of a tiny village.
These days, it is the biggest one in France.  Over the five days of the most recent festival, there were 57,000 people attending! And there was a new record set on May 24: 18,000 people in a single day!
Check out Severin being awesome!




And I am happy to say that my family is part of what makes the event fun!
Ever since 2010, I get together a group of my pals from the Music Conservatory and we perform Renaissance music. It started out very casual, but now we have great costumes and a big repertoire of songs.
And of course, my kids are there, looking gorgeous and  doing various cool things like sword fighting, calligraphy, embroidery and music.

There was also a great innovation this year, we have our own camp!
We are now officially "La Compagnie de La Rose Anglaise"!

Severin and Mallory battle it out!
Valentine looking epic and  medieval and lovely.
Mallory in the adorable new outfit I made for her!
Severin, Valentin, Alexa and Mallory



Mallory as Joan of Arc. Wow! She could definitely mess up any English invaders.
Life in camp.

Fancy hairstyle by Valentine.

Sisters
Valentine looking gorgeous!

Relaxing after a long, fun, busy day of  singing.
 I am super proud of the head gear I designed and made.
It was complicated and I owe thanks to Valentine for helping a lot!

Life in camp

Valentine and Mathias are so cute!


Valentine making Illuminated manscripts
Coming soon: Photos of our music performances at the event.


1 comment:

oreneta said...

What amazing costumes! It looks like tremendous fun.....