Thursday, September 04, 2008

I just came across a website that features only blogs that post daily and without fail. Maybe I'll try it next month...September is definitely out of the question. You'd all be treated to posts like:

"Wallpapered Valentine's bedroom until midnight. Woke up this morning at 5, cleaned the catbox and put in a load of laundry. Today's plan also includes grocery shopping and re-grouting the hallway tiles. BTW: roof still leaks, srsly."

It's probably best that you be spared that.

An innovation that I am going to initiate immediately though, is a booklist in the sidebar to note what I have read recently/am currently reading. It was impossible to do back when I blogged in Ouaga, as I read so much! I could get through a book in a couple of days. That was because I had the amazing luxury of a driver to take me around. I had plenty of time to read in the car.

Also, I spent scads of time waiting. I waited everywhere and for hours: the electric company, phone company, airline office, tax office, etc. Here in France, things just seem to get done differently. I'm not saying that I don't wait for things to happen. In fact, I will probably be waiting until l'enfer freezes over for the guy to come fix the roof. But at least I can regrout the tiles while I wait.


Right now I have to end this post. It's the first day of school for my older kids. The little ones started on Tuesday. Tomorrow I'll definitely post about their schools and the French rentrée in general.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I recently found your blog, and then found myself staying up late one night to read all of your archives. You are a compelling blogger. I look forward to continued reading. SG

Beth said...

Thank you so much! You have made my day, SG. And believe me, it was a day that SERIOUSLY needed making...
I'm just so glad that you find my blogging "compelling" and not, for example, completely incomprehensible. Sometimes I wonder...