Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Taciturn-ish Tuesday

Never a dull moment.
Yesterday, I took the kids to Amphion Les Bains to swim in Lake Geneva. The beach where we like to go is just below the bank of fluffy clouds in the center of the photo.

It's a nice place:


Today is the 14th of July- the French national holiday.


It marks the date of the storming of the Bastille



We're having a little party here today in honor of the event- a decidedly non-revolutionary, non-violent barbecue for about 15 people.


Yikes! It's starting to RAIN now and I'm getting worried...
but I'll just have to hope for the best and wish a

Bon 14 Juillet à Tous!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Quatorze Juillet!

I feel moved to sing La Marseillaise...if only I could remember all the words in that weird middle bit ;)

La Framéricaine said...

Hope that you didn't get entirely rained out of your summertime swim trip to Lake Geneva!

Can you believe that we've already crossed the midline of July? Smoke...