Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I woke up on Saturday morning and my first thought was "OMG! I have a hangover?!"
Then I realized that:
a. I hadn't drank any alcohol the night before. At all.
b. I hadn't had a drink all month, even.
and also
c. The last time I had a hangover was probably 20 years ago.


This didn't actually make me fell any better. Quite the opposite. I would have been comforted to have a simple cause behind the dry mouth, pounding head, nausea and general aches...one that would mean it would all go away by the end of the day.

Alas, the convulsive sneezing began and kicked off a long, miserable weekend that promises to turn into a long, miserable week.

I've missed my blog and my blog friends. I haven't had my computer on for the last three days. That means that not only have I not been posting, I haven't even been able to keep up with my fave blogs and leave comments, as I am wont to do. Rest assured that I have not abandoned my blog, or yours.

Also, many thanks to those of you have sent kind emails asking about my unusual silence.

I am off for a nice lie-down now....

11 comments:

Maryon said...

The blog slience was deafening!
Hope you are feeling better soon and back at the keyboard.

Joy said...

Oh, not fun... I hope you feel better, soon, Beth. ((hugs))

jennie said...

Remets-toi vite !

Teacher Mommy said...

Maybe it was seeing that movie....

Lots of hugs (from a nice electronic distance, of course)! And, um, some virtual chicken soup.

Pardon My French said...

Oh, no -- get well soon!

Beth said...

This is awfully nice- I feel like I just got five get-well cards in the mail.
I'm sure the good vibes from all these well-wishers will have me recovered in a trice.

Heidi said...

Hoping you feel better soon!!!

Momma Bee said...

My get-well-wishes arrive via snail-e-mail, as my Internet connextion has been abrogated for the past two days. Horrors! Take you care, Baby Sister. More soon, and with LOVE.

oreneta said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sucks to have a hangover without the party, especially if it's going to last for three days.

Where was your computer?

Beth said...

My computer was in it's usual place the whole time, on my desk, about four meters away from my bed. But it seemed to demand more energy than I had at the time to drag myself over, turn it on and sit down.
I do feel much better today. Not exactly good, but less like an exceptionally listless and unattractive zombie. Which is nice.

Kelly said...

Hope you are feeling better. Both my kids have been dealing with colds. Ugh. It's that time of year. Have some chicken noodle soup.