Saturday, May 08, 2010

The first bit of news I have is that our Mr. Darcy is looking a lot better. The meds have eased his breathing and he seems to enjoy life again. It's a pretty calm life, as he spends most of the day in a chair by the fireplace. He gets up for the litter box and food and that's it.
So, he's not the cat he was. but we're glad to have him around for as long as he can stay with us...
I was very relieved to see Mr. D feeling better, as I had a busy weekend planned.
Today was the day I'd promised to help a friend (single mom) clean the junk out of her yard and garage. My two eldest elected to help out, too. And the twins came along to play with the cats there. As the friend is a cat breeder, there are plenty of them.
We ended up filling a huge bin:

This was only about a quarter of what needed to be thrown away (And no, I'm not including Tya, Sev and their pal in that statement!) but we only had the one bin.

It only took us about an hour to do it, which was good, as I still had sewing to do back at home.
Yes, we're going to yet another Faire and I needed to get a cloak sewn for Tya. This Faire is tomorrow in the village of Cluse, which is celebrating the 700th anniversary of the town charter. Should be great fun!
I might even dress up myself!


oreneta said...

THAT's a lot of junk! Great the kids came along to help...are you going to do it again?

Have fun at the fair!

Joy said...

I am very happy to hear that Mr. Darcy is feeling somewhat better. :)

Happy sewing, Beth, and enjoy the Faire!

Beth said...


As for a repeat performance- I offered to come whenever she needs me, but I'm not sure if she'll take me up on the offer. My pal has got some hoarding issues...

Ksam said...

I just wanted to say I think it's amazing that your kids all offered to come along and help - it really is a testament to what a wonderful mother you are and to how well you've raised them!!

Beth said...

Thank you! I don't know how much credit I can take, but that is kind of you to say!
I have to say that I was very proud of them and how hard they worked.
I'll also add that when we got home, Sev then went on to mow our lawn- a job that takes over two hours!