Thursday, February 11, 2010

Which American accent do you have?

Neutral

You're not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.


Or maybe you lived in Switzerland, then France, and then Burkina Faso and then France again.

I left my home state of Nebraska right after university. Then when I was in my mid-twenties, I left the US altogether. I apparently also left behind my Nebraska accent.

Not that I ever sounded like Larry the Cable Guy. But it's been years since I called a soft drink a pop ...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I came out with a neutral accent too. People in central PA can tell I'm from somewhere south, but I guess I've lost some of it along the way.