Sunday, March 07, 2010

I didn't post yesterday because I had to shop for party supplies, teach a couple of English courses, clean house and then make this:

It's a kind of psychedelic fairy cat. You can see that, right?

At any rate, it's what the twins wanted and they were thrilled. Plus, their pals were gratifyingly impressed.

I had to bake it at a friend's house (Thanks, Esther!) yesterday, as my oven is still broken. (As it would cost about 150 euros to fix it, I know we had better just go buy a new one. But I can't seem to make myself spend the money...)

Anyway, the kids were busy this morning getting everything ready. Even Severin lent a hand, but quickly fled the scene when the nine 11 and 12 year old girls showed up and started with the squealing and chattering.



A good time, as they say, was had by all.





2 comments:

oreneta said...

What a stunner of a cake, and what a great friend to let you cook it at her house!

Happy Birthday again!

Joy said...

That is a lovely psychedelic cat cake, Beth! I like the colours you mixed, and the table looks lovely, too. :)